Frequently Asked Questions
1. What time does my ride start?
The Rainier Family Ride will begin at 10:00 am (we know how tough it can be to get some of our younger ones out the door before then!)
All of the other routes will begin at 8:00 am on Saturday. The 2-Day riders will begin their second day out of Pack Forest at 8:00 am.
2. Where do I park?
We will have parking set up both in Eatonville and in Centralia. More information coming soon on the exact locations.
3. How do I get from the parking areas to the start line?
Great question! We will have a shuttle ready for you.
4. How will I get any luggage from Centralia to Pack Forest and back?
We’ll take care of that for you! Check your gear in the morning, and we’ll get it to the finish line for you in Pack Forest on day 1 and in Centralia on day 2.
5. What accommodations are available?
Accommodations booked through Courage are on a first-come, first-served basis and will be held for 2-day riders. Cabins and dorms at Pack Forest and rooms at the Mill Village Motel are available for reservation through registration. Plenty of camping is available at Pack Forest (for free!), and we promise to make it fun and family-friendly!
6. I’m staying at the Mill Village Motel. How will I get there and back?
We’ll have a shuttle running to and from Mill Village Motel.
7. I’m participating in one of the 1-day rides. Do I have to stay overnight?
No way! Our new structure and new location are designed to make life easy on our riders. If you want to head home after enjoying the fun, feel free.
8. Will there be a packet pickup?
Yes! We will have 2 pre-event packet pickup days available for your convenience. Stay tuned for more information on dates and locations.
9. Why do I have to meet my fundraising minimum by August 16?
All riders will be expected to meet their fundraising minimum in order to ride. The August 16 deadline will provide enough time to process final donations and prepare your packets for packet pick-up.
10. I can’t make it that weekend, but I still want to fundraise. Is that an option?
Of course! When you’re going through the registration process, just click on the Virtual Rider option. You’ll get set up with a fundraising page so you can still support the cause even if you can’t ride.
11. Can I volunteer to help at the event?
Absolutely! Volunteer roles will be coming soon. If you have specific questions or would like to be added to the volunteer email list, send a note to email@example.com.
12. What does the money raised go towards?
100% of donor contributions to Mary Bridge Children’s Courage support patient care and family support at Mary Bridge.
13. What’s your Tax ID Number?
The Mary Bridge Children’s Foundation Tax ID Number is 94-3030039.
14. I’m not sure how to start fundraising. Can you help me?
15. Who should I make checks out to?
Thank you for your support! All checks should be made out to Mary Bridge Children’s Hospital.
16. Am I able to switch to a different ride than the one I originally registered for?
Yes, you can change your ride by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org with the name you are registered under, the ride you are currently registered for, and the ride you would like to change to. This will also change your registration fee and fundraising minimum to match the ride you wish to register for. Ride changes can only be made prior to 11:59 pm on Wednesday, July 19, 2017. You cannot reduce your fundraising minimum after Wednesday, July 19, even if you do not or cannot ride for any reason. If you change your ride resulting in a decreased fundraising minimum before July 19, any funds that have already been donated by you or others to Mary Bridge Children’s Courage to reach your fundraising minimum are not refundable.
17. What is your cancellation policy?
If you have to cancel, please understand that your registration fee is non-transferrable and non-refundable.
18. When does registration close?
Registration closes on August 16, 2017.
19. My child is going to be a passenger on my bike but won't be pedaling. Do they need to register?
Nope! If your child is just along for the ride, they don't need to register. You will, however, need to sign a waiver for them when you pick up your packet. Keep in mind that if your child isn't registered, there is no meal or t-shirt included for them. You can always purchase meal tickets for them at the event though!
20. My child is going to ride on a tandem bike with me. Do they need to register?
Nope! If your child is riding tandem, we anticipate that they won't be doing much of the pedaling (sorry, mom and dad!). They won't need to register, however, you will need to sign a waiver for them when you pick up your packet. Keep in mind that if your child isn't registered, there is no meal or t-shirt included for them. You can always purchase meal tickets for them at the event though!
If you are riding tandem with another adult, both adults will need to register for the ride and will be required to meet the individual fundraising minimums.
21. How can I double my donations?
We like where your head's at! Most employers have Matching Gift Programs to match charitable donations made by their employees. It’s easy to do and a great way reach your fundraising goals even faster! Reach out to your HR department today to find out if your company has a Matching Gift Program so you can double your support for the children of Mary Bridge.