Sandy's Support Squad
As many of you know, these past few months have been filled with several highs, many lows, endless laughter, and undeniable support. Mom is wrapping up her first cycle of chemo this week for her breast cancer, and she is kicking butt! Her strength and grace has been incredible. Erin and I could not be more proud of her. We are so grateful for all the love and support she has received. Good Sam Hospital and Multicare have been a huge part of her support system, providing her with a custom wig, hats, skincare help, support groups, etc. This is truly an amazing program that helps people to find light, in an extremely difficult time. Come Walk With Me Breast Cancer 5K helps to fund this wonderful support that is given free of charge. Not just to breast cancer patient's, but to those fighting all types of cancer. We are very excited to help give back to a charity now very close to our hearts, and to continue to show Mom that we are behind her, and will continue to be, until she comes out of this fight cancer free. Please come walk with Erin and I on October 7, 2017 in downtown Sumner, and help our team show Mom that we are behind her 110%. Show our support for all those going through a diagnosis or treatment of breast cancer. To honor those who have fought breast cancer and won, like my dear friend Dannette. To remember those who we lost too soon, including our Grandma Pat. We would love to have you join our team "Sandy's Support Squad." Thank you to everyone for all of your well wishes, kind gestures, and the love that you have shown Mom, and our entire family. We are truly blessed and forever grateful. -Karah
100% of funds raised for Come Walk With Me benefit breast health programs at MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital.
By supporting Come Walk With Me, you are helping our community to fund programs including:
- Establishing a free/reduced fee mammography program through Her Piece of Mind
- Providing resource kits for newly diagnosed patients
- Post-surgical camisoles with built-in drainage, provided to patients at no cost
- Complimentary wigs for patients in treatment
- Prosthesis programs for under-insured patients
- Presentations to various community groups on breast health
- Lymphedema classes and support groups
- Exercise and nutrition classes specifically for breast cancer patients
There are many ways you can help!
- Click the “donate” button to support our fundraising efforts.
- Click the “join team” button and Come Walk With us.
- Help us spread the word by sharing the link to this fundraising page on your social networks.
Come Walk With Me to make a positive impact on our local community.
Come Walk With Me to ensure that every newly diagnosed breast cancer patient at Good Samaritan Hospital gets the necessary support and resources.
Come Walk With Me so no breast cancer patient will have to walk alone through this fight.
About Good Samaritan Hospital
At MultiCare Good Samaritan Hospital in Puyallup, we provide comprehensive inpatient and outpatient health care services. As a private, not-for-profit organization that does not receive general funding from any government entities, Good Samaritan relies on the financial support of the community to provide our growing health care services. Learn more at multicare.org/goodsam.